Saturday, March 28, 2015

Merry Christmas 2014


It's been ages since I've updated the Okra Hill blog. My apologies! Life has been happening, as it has with you, too, I'm sure.

I created this post at Christmas and forgot to publish it. I think the chickens are eating the remains of the boys' gingerbread houses. :o)


Winter garden work (though there's not much to it, which is why we enjoy it!).

Look at the bounty of kale and collards.

Ashley slaughtered and butchered the pigs the day after Thanksgiving. We had a couple of family members and friends to help out. It was a great experience. Now the pig pen is empty. 

All that remains of the pigs (besides the pork in our freezers) is the hair in front of our shop. Their hair was scraped before the butchering began.

Ashley's shop set-up. It was a great place to cut the meat and make sausage.


No comments:

Post a Comment